4 Tips to Building Better Relationships in 2021
Last year was full of many challenges. For business owners, it was a time to pivot from our tried and true methods and adapt to the changing world around us. While this was certainly overwhelming at times, it resulted in significant growth for many businesses and individuals.
Learning how to build and maintain strong relationships during the pandemic is just one way we have grown and adapted this year. From networking events, to business meetings, to charity fundraisers… almost all previously in-person events are now being held via Zoom or some other online platform.
Even with society’s recent shift to mostly online interactions, strong relationships are still key to business success, whether they be with clients, potential clients, business partners, or vendors.
Here are 4 tips that will help you nurture and build strong relationships that will last a lifetime (in Covid times and normal times!):
- Build Relationships. One of the most important things to remember is that people do business with those they already know, like and trust. In order to establish a strong foundation for a relationship, make an effort to discover someone’s likes, dislikes, and passions. Ask questions and find common ground. Show true interest and find time to truly invest in your relationships on a personal level.
- Keep Communicating. One thing that the pandemic has greatly limited is in-person networking While a multitude of previously in-person events are now available online, many argue that they just aren’t the same. While this can be frustrating, remember that everyone else is in the same boat, trying to find new ways to maintain personal and professional relationships. Make some time to check in on your friends and business connections. Brainstorm new ways to connect with people and commit to making the most of every online interaction.
- Be Helpful. Always consider how you can help others without expecting anything in return. It could be as simple as connecting them with other colleagues, engaging with them on social media, and promoting their business online, or simply being available for them to talk through any new business ideas.
- Broaden Your Horizons. Take the opportunity to look beyond your current networking efforts and circle of influence to explore other industries and interests. With the increase in online events, there are more virtual conferences and trainings accessible to you than ever before! Many offer break-out sessions where you can virtually interact with meet a small group of people while working on an activity. Take initiative and commit to following up with the people you meet during these events. Although networking looks very different today than it did a year ago, it’s still possible to make great connections if you put in the effort!
Want more advice on how to foster business relationships? Grab a copy of my book The Golf Course Millionaire: How To Turn Relationships Into Big Business Through Golf.
Get your brand noticed in the new year! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call at 949-888-7837. I would be happy to set up a complimentary strategy session with you.
Learn How the Game of Golf Can Change Your Life… Even if You’ve Never Picked up a Club! To get a copy, click here!
- Tags: building relationships, networking