5 Reasons Why Promotional Products are Key to Your Marketing Success
Sep 11, 2020
While it’s important to incorporate a variety of strategies to promote your products and services to your current and potential clients, nothing can compare to the effectiveness and return on investment that you will get from making promotional products a key part of your marketing strategy. Consider this:
- Consumers are nearly 2.5 times more likely to have a positive opinion of promotional products compared to online advertising. In fact, those under 55 prefer promo products over all other advertising efforts, including newspapers, radio, magazines, television, internet and mobile.
- 89% of consumers can recall the advertiser of a promotional product they’d received in the last two years.
- Before receiving a promotional product, 55% of people had done business with the advertiser. After receiving a promotional product, 85% of people did business with the advertiser.
With stats like that, it’s no wonder many businesses use promotional products in a variety of ways to help them stand out from their competition and grow their business. Whether you are just starting or have been in business for years, here are 5 reasons why promotional products play an important role in any successful marketing strategy:
- Effective Low-Cost Marketing. Our goal is to make sure we get the most out of every marketing dollar we spend. When it comes to promotional products, the average Cost Per Impression (CPI) can be as low as 1/10 of one cent. Additionally, most promotional products average 344 impressions per month. That means your pen, mug or other item with your logo and message on it is seen at least 10 times per day! There is no other advertising medium that comes even close to those costs and impressions.
- Brand Recognition. Keeping your company top-of-mind is an important concept in marketing. Brand recognition reminds your clients and potential clients that you exist –when they need your products and services the most. Promotional products (especially those that people find useful) reinforce your brand to the point that 90% of the people who receive a promotional product say that they can remember the branding when encountering it again.
- Greater Exposure. When you see an advertisement on TV, in a magazine, on a billboard or even on the internet, you only see it for a matter of seconds. On the other hand, our eyes and minds are exposed to a promotional product for longer periods of time, which also increases our ability to recall the business. In fact, surveys show that over 76% can recall the name of an advertiser that they received a promotional product from after 12 months compared to just over 53% who could recall an advertiser they had seen in a magazine or newspaper in the last week.
- Becomes Your Business Card. Most of us have piles of business cards sitting on our desks from people we meet. The problem is, they will go untouched for months – if not years – which means we’ll forget about a good majority of those businesses. On the other hand, promotional products usually have the same information as a business card and can effectively become its substitute. More importantly, your promotional product will be used and seen on a regular basis, reinforcing you and your business in their minds.
- Client Loyalty. An important part of any business is to ensure that clients return to you time and again for all their business needs. Promotional products can play a significant role in client loyalty as you use them to thank your clients for their business and remind them of how important they are to you.
As you can see, promotional products can play a key role in your marketing strategy. Wearable Imaging would love to help you determine how best to utilize promotional products in reaching your clients and achieving your marketing objectives. Give us a call at 949-888-7837 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a complimentary strategy session with our President Robin Richter - she is passionate about helping you stand out above the crowd!
Learn How the Game of Golf Can Change Your Life… Even if You’ve Never Picked up a Club! To get a copy, click here!