6 Daily Productivity Tips for Success
Are you struggling to stay productive while working at home during the COVID-19 pandemic? It can be a challenge, especially if you have a house full of people all on different schedules or there are a number of distractions to take your focus off of what you are doing.
Chances are that as you handle the small interruptions throughout the day, you’re wondering how you can get more done. You aren’t alone. (If you want some tips on how to leverage working from home for greater productivity, click here to review a post that explores this).
Research shows that 68% of employees don’t feel like they have enough time during the day to complete their work – and that’s when things are normal!
Here are six tips that will help you focus and stay on track:
- Write down the top 3 things that must be accomplished today. You probably have a long To Do list that seems to get longer by the minute. Take time at the beginning of each day to determine what three tasks need to be finished by the end of the day and work towards completing them. By prioritizing your work, you can take advantage of the times when distractions are at a minimum and attention is at a premium.
- Focus first on tasks you don’t want to do. We all have tasks that we dread, but by focusing on these first and getting them off your plate, you’ll free up your mind to concentrate on what’s most important (and you’ll avoid procrastinating!).
- Set specific times for checking emails. You’ll be surprised at how many times during the day you check your email – and then get caught up in answering them. By doing this, you lose your concentration and when you do go back to that project you were working on, you waste time trying to figure out where you left off. In addition, answering emails responds to someone else’s agenda, not your priority list. Instead, set aside 15-30 minutes at the start and end of your day to go through and answer your emails.
- Limit meetings. While it’s important to keep in touch with your team and customers, you need to make sure that your meetings are quick and to the point. The longer the meeting, the less productive it usually becomes. Make sure you have a clock near you (not just your phone or watch) that shows you the time without you needing to check it. That way, you can stay conscious of the meeting length and intentional about what you’re doing.
- Spend time networking. The caveat to limiting meetings is to make sure that you build time into your schedule to network with others, meet prospects, and build relationships that will grow your business. By using the time to intentionally network, you are focused on the task and improve productivity.
- Take time to plan for tomorrow. At the end of each day, take some time to reflect on what went right and what went wrong today. Look for where you can take your focus and your work up a notch or two and devise your plan for tomorrow.
Putting a strategic plan in place to move your business forward takes time and effort. Making sure each day is productive will go a long way towards ensuring your success.
I want to help you accomplish your goals while working from home. Give me a call at 949.888.7837 or email me at email@example.com to set up your complimentary strategy session. Let me share with you some ideas on how to stay productive and connected while working from home.
Learn How the Game of Golf Can Change Your Life… Even if You’ve Never Picked up a Club!