Brand Consistency Can Boost Sales
The overall goal of marketing is to get potential customers to know, like and trust you so that they will ultimately buy from you. Part of that “know, like and trust” equation is brand recognition – being able to immediately identify your company every time they see or hear from you. In order to do that, you need to have consistency in your branding.
Branding is so much more than just your logo, font and the colors you use. It also includes the message that you convey to your audience, your values and how you communicate them, the graphics that you use in your brochures, your social media and more. It’s how your audience connects with you – and in many cases will determine whether or not they will buy from you.
And through it, the goal needs to be not only brand awareness but brand strength - the strength of your brand to remain top of mind.
In fact, a recent survey by Lucidpress, found that brand management experts believe brand consistency can increase company revenue by up to 33%. The problem is, most companies (81% in fact) admit that they aren’t as consistent in their branding as they should be, especially when it comes to creating content.
Here are four ways that you can build brand consistency and brand strength within your company:
- Develop and Publish Brand Guidelines. Having specific guidelines on how and where to use your logo, approved graphics, colors and fonts is a good start to your brand guidelines. They should also include information about your vision/mission, the tone of your messaging, how you treat your customers (and employees) and more. The point of these guidelines is to start developing that consistency so that whenever or wherever your company shows up, you are easily recognizable.
- Use Your Employees as Brand Ambassadors. Your staff should be well-versed in everything your company stands for and should be incorporating your branding into every interaction that they have with customers and potential customers – from a phone call or email to social media and trade shows and everything in between. They are your ambassadors – make sure that they understand your branding and are excited to spread the word correctly.
- Provide Branding Tools to Your Staff. Now that your employees know and understand your vision and branding, make sure that they have the tools they need to help you build brand consistency and brand strength. This includes graphics, templates, access to fonts and colors, and other branding resources that you might have (including promotional products to keep you top of mind!).
- Ensure Branding is Visible at All Customer Touchpoints. Branding isn’t just for your website. It includes social media, collateral, promotional items, and more. It should be visible in every email that is sent and in the follow-up that they receive after making a purchase or inquiry.
Bottom line…the more consistent you are with your messaging and your branding, the more likely your potential customers will make a purchase – because they remember you and connect with you.
Need help improving your branding consistency and market recognition? Wearable Imaging is ready to help. Give us a call at 949.888.7837 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Category: Business Building
- Tags: brand awareness, brand strength, promotional products to keep you top of mind