Why Custom Promos Work
Feb 6, 2020
Most of us understand that promotional products are a key component to a successful business strategy. We’ve had our share of pens, mugs, t-shirts and the like that are customized with the logos and imprints of various companies, so we have a basic understanding of what “customized promotional items” are, right?
But there is another level to customized promotional products that goes way beyond the typical fare you see day in and day out.
It’s those items that are actually designed specifically for you and your customer. They are unique, one-of-a-kind items that can make you stand out in a crowd and make your customers (and potential customers sit up and pay attention.)
The key, though, is to think outside the box. What would convey a specific marketing message to your audience in such a unique way that they will remember you and your customized promo gift for a long time? And, then, of course, the question is how to produce it.
When you are designing a unique promotional item, it is important that you partner with a company that not only has the vision to help you actualize your goals and objectives but also has the track record and the connections with manufacturers to produce the product in a timely manner and within your budget.
Here are some questions to ask yourself (and your partner) as you go down this path:
- What is my goal in creating this unique item? Is it to promote a specific event? To create a collectible to be sought after in years to come. Or is it to improve brand recognition?
- What is the vision for the customer's experience of the promotional product? Is it to be functional? A daily use product? A valued treasure? Something that speaks to their mission as well as yours? A reputation or influence boost? Something to share with friends?
- Who will receive the custom promo? Are you targeting a specific subset of your customers? Is it a gift item for your most loyal customers?
- What is your budget? Budget is an important factor. You want to make sure that you and your partner are clear on what you are willing to spend and how many you want to order. It will play a factor in deciding quality of the promotional product, who will manufacture it and more.
- What is your timeline? Planning this out with ample lead time is a must. You will most likely need to evaluate several different prototypes before settling on one you like. And different customized promotional products involve different timelines to move from concept to delivery ... so make sure you and your partner are clear about your needs.
Custom promotional items are a great idea to increase awareness and improve sales.
Wearable Imaging has helped many clients create unique promo items from scratch. Set up a meeting today to turn your ideas into reality. Give us a call at 949.888.7837 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up your complimentary strategy session with our President Robin Richter.